Effective Date: August 1, 2019
HITCHSWITCH LLC (“HITCHSWITCH” or “We”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HitchSwitch collects information from you and about you. This may include:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, email address, address, and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post. For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our site. This may include our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
- Information You Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site.
- Demographic Information. For example, we may collect your age, wedding date, gender and zip code.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platforms. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
HitchSwitch collects several types of information from and about users of our Website.
Information You Provide to Us. For example, when you:
- Make a Purchase on our Website.
- Create a personalized HitchSwitch account by completing our name change form.
- Purchase a HitchSwitch gift card.
- Sign up for the Newsletter or promotional emails.
- Submit a request to our Customer Service team.
- Interact with HitchSwitch’s social media pages.
- Enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect about you from different devices you use to access our Website.
- Combine information when you contact our customer service number and from different devices you use to access our Website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Improve Our Products and Services.We may use your information to make our Website, products, and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Provide Our Products and Services.This could include fulfilling your requests for products, packages, or services. It could also include processing your orders.
- To Understand Your Interests.For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions.This may include responding to your customer feedback.
- For Marketing Purposes.We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- For Security Purposes.This could include protecting our company and our customers. It may also include protecting our Website.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law or With Your Consent.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- We may share your information within the HitchSwitch. This may include subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Our Service Providers.We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business.For example, if HitchSwitch merges with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves.For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
We use tracking technologies:
- To recognize new or past users.
- To store your password if you have registered on our site.
- To improve our site and services.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. To control flash cookies, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Emails: Use the unsubscribe link on any HitchSwitch promotional emails or newsletter.
- Cookies & Similar Technologies: Please see above at Automatic Data Collection
- User Contributions: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
By using this Website and/or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States to the facilities and servers we use, and to those with whom we may share your information.
For your convenience, the Website may contain links to other third-party websites. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the HitchSwitch Website. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Website. Please check our Website periodically for updates.
If you wish to contact us to update your information, please feel free to contact us by telephone at (844) 639 6263 or feel free to contact us at the following address:HitchSwitch
Director Of Operations
2001 Route 46
Parsippany, NJ 07054