Last Updated: September 12, 2023
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “personal information.” HitchSwitch collects information from you and about you. This may include:
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, legal name change date, unique personal identifier, mailing address, email address, postal address, and telephone number, including your mobile phone number, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial and Payment Information. For example, we may collect your credit card number and billing address.
- Social Media Information. For example, we may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
- Information You Post or Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” or “Contact Us” feature on our site. We may also collect information submitted in connection with creating an account, completing an application, placing an order, or making a purchase, including bank account numbers or other financial information. We may collect information you post in a public space on our site.
- Demographic Information. For example, we may collect your age, gender, date of birth, marital status, and zip code.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platforms. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Geolocation Data Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information. For example, we may collect information related to your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our Platforms or advertisements, including, without limitation, actions you perform (e.g., clicks, mouse movements, keystrokes, entering and submitting information) on the Site.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at how you interact with the Platforms.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
HitchSwitch collects personal information in different ways and from different sources.
Information You Provide to Us. For example, when you:
- Make a Purchase on our Platforms.
- Create a personalized HitchSwitch account by completing our online form.
- Purchase a physical or electronic gift card.
- Track an online order.
- Sign up to receive promotional emails.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, or surveys.
- Submit a request to our Customer Service team.
- Interact with HitchSwitch’s social media pages.
- Visit and navigate HitchSwitch’s Platforms on any device.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Receive or interact with HitchSwitch’s communications and Platforms that may contain cookies or pixels.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Trusted third party sources, such as our service providers, data analytics companies, and tracking technologies to better provide and customize the Platforms for you.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect about you from different devices you use to access our Platforms.
Passively. For example, we may:
- Details of your visits to our Platforms.
- Information about your device or browser.
By Automatic Data Collection Technologies. For example, we may:
- Collect personal information about users over time and across different platforms. Third parties also collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors and partners may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies. We, or our vendors and partners, may also use beacons, flash cookies, and other tracking technologies on our websites.
- Use tracking tools to improve our site and to better understand the interest of our platform visitors.
WHAT ARE MY COOKIE OPTIONS?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all the features we offer, you may not be able to access your online account.
HOW TO ENABLE AND DISABLE COOKIES USING YOUR BROWSER?
Information about cookies is usually found in the “Help” section of the web browser. Below are some links to the “Help” sections of some commonly used web browsers:
- Internet Explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Google Chrome - http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Mozilla Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on- your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari - http://www.apple.com/support/safari/
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: http://support.mozilla.org/en- US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Improve Our Products and Services.We may use your information to make our Platforms better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Provide Our Products and Services.This could include fulfilling your requests for products, packages, or services. It could also include processing your purchases or return transactions.
- To Understand Your Interests.For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions.This may include responding to your customer feedback.
- For Marketing Purposes.We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- For Security Purposes.This could include protecting our company and our customers. It may also include protecting our Platforms.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law or As We May Notify You. We may also use information you provide to us for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Provided By You
Information Disclosed by Us
We may disclose your information in the following ways:
- Internally.We may share your information within the HitchSwitch family of companies. This may include subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Our Service Providers.We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business.For example, if HitchSwitch merges with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization, or other change of control.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves.For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may disclose information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.We may also share your information for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- At HitchSwitch, we believe in putting you in control of your personal information. We offer you the ability to review and update your details easily. We recognize that life is dynamic, and circumstances can change. To accommodate this, we provide you with the option to revise your personal information, ensuring that you always have accurate and up-to-date forms for your name change.
- You may also send us an email at email@example.com to delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. Depending on your U.S. State or residence, under applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information including:
- Confirm what personal information we have collected about you.
- Access, correct, or delete certain personal information.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our websites and mobile application. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the HitchSwitch Website. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Website. Please check our Website periodically for updates.
CHOICE REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- Email & Text Messages:Use the unsubscribe link on any HitchSwitch promotional correspondence or follow the opt-out instructions provided in our text message.